About Posts Wishlist Escapes Videos Instagram traveldiary



당신의 부드러운 미소;

안녕하세요~


JOEY NG XIANGTING

1995선
Polkadots and Floral prints are th' love.
//ELF//dancer//dreamer//kpress//travel//
paperboo@hotmail.com

Kpress Singapore
Instagram: @yourgentlesmile
Youtube: @yourgentlesmile




Best viewed in Mozilla and Google Chrome



Japan, Tokyo Trip 2015

So before I can post my Bandung trip I need to get my Japan trip out of my mind. Finally yay I've landed in Japan! But no cherry blossom I'm so sad. TT

We took United Airlines, which was a direct flight to Tokyo, Narita Airport. And it was a bloody morning flight holy macaroni. Did I ever said that I can't really sleep well on flights? zzz


Once we reached the airport, we went to get our JR Wide Pass for 3 days and the sucia card. Because we're going to Ski so the wide pass is a good deal for us. But JR passes can't be used to exit in non-JR station. Which means that you can enter from a JR station, transfer to the subway and then exit from another JR station again. Complicated but its hi this is Japan's train we are talking about. 



The Japan Wide Pass was super expensive omg, like what omg $120 just for 3 days?! And we had like 5 of us so it was $$$ fly. Whoever said that Japan is expensive, its true. Singapore is expensive but at least its public transport is not as expensive as Japan wts is this. 

We're supposed to take the Narita Express to the city area, but guess what. When we're on the train, everybody else got off so we were like what is happening. It turns out that there was an accident on the tracks so the train can't depart at all. Whatever happened to those staffs that will come out and apologise to us.... So we had to take another way... which involves a looooooong train ride in the subway train, their seats were so small as compared to the express train. Sobs my comfortable seats... 

We stayed at this airbnb apartment because Japan hotels has no double bed available by the time we booked. zzz It's okay cause got portable wifi egg to the rescue woohooo. I love Airbnb for their portable wifi seriously. Hotels should step up their game. 

And we decided to have dinner over at Shinjuku, had some pork cutlet for dinner and I love Japanese restaurants cause free flow of rice and miso soup. Soup is the love. That's mostly what we did for day 1 since we're all tired from all the flying and moving and getting annoyed with the language barrier.



Day 2 started with Tsukiji Fish Market! Our apartment is located at Ebisu, so we took the subway to Tsukiji, with the sucia card. SO MANY DE PEOPLE THERE, holy macaroni. Didn't went into the fish market, but we had our breakfast there, sushi is amazing even though I don't eat raw seafood LMAO.  Chanced upon this temple by walking to the train station, and then we went Akihabara! 


The land of the otakus, a Sega arcade can be found like what every 5-10 mins in Akihabara, just in that area. Holy. So we went into one. LOL. It was so fun! Their games are of a next level, its okay, I'll be waiting for their games here in Singapore. I believe in you Sega.





Because in cold weather, you need to have ice-cream. Love it when it doesn't melt at all in Japan cause of the weather. In Singapore, you walk out of the ice-cream shop melt already. Kns seriously heat. zzz


Legit took my time to finish my ice-cream cause it didn't melt before heading to Ueno station. Went to Ueno Park and there's a Shrine located at Ueno! There's actually quite a lot of things to do over at Ueno, you can easily spend like one whole day at Ueno.





We're quite tired so we went back to Ebisu to have some ramen and rest a bit at our apartment. And we decided to drop by Shibuya at night. Cause hi JR pass. Did some pre-fukubukoro shopping, by pre-ordering them. Ah I love my lucky bags.


We also visited a shop atmos, which was recommended by our apartment owner. Please head to atmos for sneakers!!! Buy all your nike, adidas, etc here. Its cheap and legit. There is one at Shibuya and one at Harajuku, been to both and I can remember the road there with my eyes closed due to the number of times we have been to atmos within the 6 days we were there. Especially the Shibuya store. /eyerolls

Had steamboat + bbq for dinner/supper and it was awesome we ordered a second serving, oopps. AND HOLY, they allowed people to smoke inside the restaurant. I was dying.



Went to Gala Yuzawa on the third day, the main reason why we bought the JR wide pass. You can head to Gala Yuzawa by stopping at Yuzawa station, and transfer to Gala Yuzawa station, Gala is just 3 minutes train ride away from the Yuzawa station. I decided to head to Yuzawa as it was the nearest and the most convenient ski resort from Tokyo.



We were surprised cause IT WAS SNOWING. Tokyo doesn't snow bitches. Yayyy, love snow. So we went to ski and guess what. It was super expensive. Nothing to say, cause we noob. I had troubles getting my feet into the ski gear, sweat while trying for like what 20-30 minutes? wts, nah, bye.




I can only say, it was super expensive. Not worth it if you're not good at skiing. You can just sled. Shit I should have just did that. kns, okay nvm...



We're all tired from the struggle of skiing so we went back to Ebisu, again hehe to have what mac? LOL. Hi I love Japan's MacDonalds. You can choose your meal's side from corn, fries or nuggets. Like duh, of course choose nuggets. Love their MacDonalds


Slept early cause FUJI QQQQQQQQ. The most awesome theme park I have ever been to yet. As of now. But omg seriously everybody head to Fuji Q please. I will do a separate post with a guide to Fuji Q cause I didn't find much with regards to Fuji Q before I was going there. Fuji Q I'm going to save your sales. You're welcomed.




Went to have our last meal in 2015 at Shinjuku with Nat's family and they ordered a lot of sake. Like sake is like soju... taste weird. News flash, in Japan they don't celebrate countdown.... No fireworks... No loud noise at all... Its okay, I countdown on the bed. LOL.

On the day of new years, no shop is open wts. We went to Ginza, most shops were closed. Except for like one beer restaurant giving our free beers and a duty free shop. Okay, can.




So we went over to Asakusa. Wanted to head to Sensoji and wow the people mountain people sea. Everybody rushing for their hatsumode, which is the first prayers for the new year.



Walked over to the station to head to Tokyo Dome City. AND YAYYYY THE MALL IS OPEN. /pop some popcorn  The mall is also having their fukubukuro sales. Yay love lucky bags. Had some snacks before heading over to Odaiba. 


Holy, the area is huge! Like 4 or more shopping centres together, please allocate at least 6 hours for odaiba. There is also a Ferris wheel + toyota showroom. Got a bershka parka for like $15?! Damn cheap, so proud if myself snooping it out. hehehe.



The last full day we went for our own hatsumode at Meji Shrine, which was at harajuku. And harajuku was packed with people. Legit everywhere we go people mountain people sea...








But its okay cause Harajuku shopping is cheap! 1000yen for a pair of heels, aka $12, just buy. Bought two pairs of shoes and another flats from the 390 yen shop.



You will need to find the 390 yen shop at a corner of a small alley. And you will find gems inside. Like shoes (?!), hats, phone cases, tote bags, accessories, socks, holy. I just want to stay there forever. Oh they sell second hand clothes too! Had pasta for lunch and did people watching at the same time in the cool weather. Ah, life.



Went back to Shibuya to collect our lucky bags, which were from Adidas and Ghost of Harlem. And those purchases gave us some money to spend in Shibuya 109 so we bought some socks lucky bags with it hehe. Then, we head to Atmos AGAIN. I bet the shop assistants were like 'oh them again.' So annoying omg.



Ate BBQ again but we had our own cabin and omg the waiter legit looks like Mark Tuan... Hi Mark and JR I miss you.


Spent the last few hours we had before our flight the next day at Ebisu garden place area with mom and holy they Q to get into a departmental store... Okay can.




Did some last minute shopping and got my masks + mask up remover wipes on the way back to our apartment and yay going to do up another post about what to buy in Japan! So OMG IS IT I'M DONE?! Okay actually not cause there is still the Fuji Q post but its okay technically I'm done. The annoying bondons are bugging me to finish up my Japan post and start on the Bandung one. Okay I'll start, next week. Bye.

And Japan, I'll be back for cherry blossoms soon. 


Till the next post, 
xoxo



Labels: , , , ,