About Posts Wishlist Escapes Videos Instagram traveldiary



당신의 부드러운 미소;

안녕하세요~


JOEY NG XIANGTING

1995선
Polkadots and Floral prints are th' love.
//ELF//dancer//dreamer//kpress//travel//
paperboo@hotmail.com

Kpress Singapore
Instagram: @yourgentlesmile
Youtube: @yourgentlesmile




Best viewed in Mozilla and Google Chrome



Korea Trip 2015 Day 3 : Jongno// Myeongdong

This day we go history~


Checked out of our first apartment with a thank you message for the owner for his awesome house before walking to our next apartment across two streets, which is nearer to Myeongdong.


And the apartment is also just infront of the Cheonggyecheon stream so every time we walked back to this apartment from Myeongdong, we will pass by the stream.



We decided to have lunch around the new apartment, which happened to be super cheap.
The set meal is 10,000 won for two person so we paid 5,000 won each ($6.33).
I took the wrong first bite; I added more chilli paste to the already spicy chicken....


We also helped some other angmoh table which couldn't communicate with the waitresses so we helped them to order. hehehe
After lunch, we went to put our luggage in the apartment first as it wasn't ready yet, (Still cleaning) before we went to the Cheonggyecheon Stream.









We also happened to find out this 'Avenue of Youth' place where I went for some artbox shopping, Artbox there is awesome, they sell everything.
And the stationaries there are SO CHEAP.


We walked back after some damage done in Artbox (25800 won, $32.70 HOHOHO) because the apartment was supposed to be ready by then, to check it out. I mainly got notebooks (which is floral  woohooo), pens that have the same floral designs as the notebooks, lipstains from Peripera and a comb. Which I conveniently lost it....



Then, we walked to Gwanghwamun Square + Gyeongbokgung Palace, which was a street after the stream.
Oh I love this location~
I got some hot chocolate along the walk and it was so shiok drinking hot drinks in the cold weather.
I MISS THE COLD WEATHER.


Along the Gwanghwamun Square was some memorial for the Sewol Ferry tragedy, I can totally feel the sadness when I walked pass it. They had yellow ribbons along the fences and pictures of each class. :(



Then, we arrived before the statues of Admiral Yi Sun-sin of Joseon Dynasty and King Sejong the Great of Joseon.


And like this is the best song for this kind of place:



We waited for the rest (again) at the subway exit, and we were wondering if they've reached already or not. That's how long we've waited for them. But then they arrived; with complains to their new apartment. Oh wells, I was going to complain how small is the toilet in the new apartment but theirs are worse. AHHAHAHAH


We initially wanted to sneak into the palace behind some tour group but then after I checked the ticket prices for the palace we decided to just purchase. HAHAHA I wasn't sure how much is it but I know its under 3000won.
I'm not sure because while we were heading to the ticketing counter, Sandra with her Hanggul reading skills said that admission is free that day.
We all read the huge banner which was hanging over the ticketing counter saying that due to some festival, admission was free for the day.
LOL, so much for wanting to sneak in and purchasing the tickets.




So we went in, and there nothing much to see for me since I've already went there once in 2012; just spam photos only; HOHO.



But the sunset scenery was amazing;


We decided to walk to Bukcheon Hanok Village, which was near the the palace.
But apparently it isn't. LOL
I swear the map says they are close!


Technically, we're already in the Village, but the main street was at the other side.
We got some amazing churros in the village for 3000 won (3.80)


We gave up in the cold weather because we were literally climbing up a mountain so we decided to have some ginseng chicken.
Apparently, if you add an abalone with it, it was just 3000/2000 won additional.
So why not? I swear abalone is so cheap in Korea.
Our abalone Chicken Ginseng soup for 17,000 won ($21.52);


After dinner, we cabbed down to Myeongdong for 3000won, 1000won each ($1.26).
Taxi is very cheap in Korea for short distances but some cabs won't wanna earn that little money, so they will reject you.


Visited Hello Kitty Cafe aka Van's heaven in Myeongdong, purchased their lipstains and a lipbalm (12, 000 won; $15.2) instead of having their waffle because too full yo.
And I swear I gained a whole lip collection from this Korea trip; lip products are so irresistible.




Me and Sandra decided to leave first to get some shopping done, and our first stop is SOCKS.
Damaged done:  20,000 won ($25.32)

Then, we went Nature Republic.
DO NOT BUY YOUR ALOE VERA GEL FROM NR. 
The prices are actually more expensive that what you can get from Qoo10.
The gel from MISSHA is actually more aloe vera concentrated and cheaper than the NR's one.
Oh well I feel so cheated.
AND I SPEND SO MUCH IN NATURE REPUBLIC AHAHHAHA
166 990 won which is $211.40.....
FML.
I actually can receive a free luggage from this price that I've spent at other outlets... wtf
My advise is actually to buy from The Saem and A'PIEU instead.
They are both much much cheaper and exclusive to Korea as they're not in the SG market yet.
And purchase from other areas other than myeongdong because the staffs are generally nicer, and you get more free stuffs.
The saem in gangnam even did a tax refund for me on the spot. LOL.

Visited the other cosmetic shops too:
Etude House - 43000won ($54.43)
The Saem - 11000won ($14)
Tony Moly - 18000won ($22.80)
Skin79 - 9900won ($12.53)


I can only say, I'm an impulsive buyer. LOL
And really, The Saem and A'PIEU is much much cheaper.
I got a BB cushion with refill from Etude for 38, 000won and I later got A'PIEU BB Cushion for
 5, 800won.... WTF.

Initially we wanted to cab back to our place from Myeongdong, but as I've said the cab drivers will reject you if the distance was too short.
So I've gotten myself a Cheese fish cake for some energy to bring all my barangs back LOL.
Walking down the streets I thought I was dying, but its okay, I survived.


Video Blog Here:



Total Expenditure (Rate: 1 SGD= 790won)


352,590 won 

=
$446.32 

Labels: , , , , , ,