About Posts Wishlist Escapes Videos Instagram traveldiary



당신의 부드러운 미소;

안녕하세요~


JOEY NG XIANGTING

1995선
Polkadots and Floral prints are th' love.
//ELF//dancer//dreamer//kpress//travel//
paperboo@hotmail.com

Kpress Singapore
Instagram: @yourgentlesmile
Youtube: @yourgentlesmile




Best viewed in Mozilla and Google Chrome



141214-17 Boracay Island



Yay to Boracay, my long waited flight ever since March to Maldives. Boracay (bora-kai get it?) is a small island in the Philippines located south of Manila. Some call it the second Maldives, or the Asian Maldives. We took a 4 hours flight to the Kalibo airport which was the nearest but no I don't think so. Because after the flight, we had to transfer to the ferry terminal, which took around 2-3 hours. And then we took a boat to the island, which was fast because we had a private boat from the hotel. If we took the normal ferry, we will need another 1-2 hours.



We literally boarded the boat from the beach, with no platforms or whatever, we walked in the sand and water lmao. And once we arrived, we also had to walk in the sand. And after that we had to travel (AGAIN) to our hotel. Even though its an island, it's quite big. It wasn't as big as Singapore but it was much bigger than the Maldives island. So we woke up in the early morning and we only reached the hotel at 5pm. By the time we reached our hotel, the sun has already set and we were so tired for any activities. I hate how much we had to travel and thus literally wasting a day of our trip. (Two days actually, to the island and back to Singapore.)




After we checked in, we decided to walk down the shops. Our hotel was Astoria Boracay, located at Station 1, where all the water activities and shops are. We walked down and found d-mall, the so-called shopping centre for Boracay. When I read about it online, I was expecting it to be a building but no, it's just shops located together on the ground floor. There's a Ferris wheel and a rock climbing wall in the middle but I doubt its operating. There's shops as well as restaurants but there's also restaurants down the streets of station 1.





We went for the land activities the next day. It was a package that my mom went to some booth along the street, which includes activities for the next two days. So we went to ride the ATV/Buggy, and I had an ATV to myself. We were supposed to follow the guide up the mountain, the highest in the island. I've got mud over myself even before we left the shop LMAO. It was due to the rain the day before so we're quite lucky that it didn't rain that day.


Once we reached the viewing tower, where we had to pay to gain entry and climb sky high stairs up with my slippers, the view was amazing~ Even though we had to pay to gain entry, everything is cheap but you've to pay for everything. All the activities were located at the same mountain, I only realized it after we've ended all our land activities, either they're smart or its a tourism strategy man.



And then we rode the ATV down to the place we zip-lined. It wasn't as awesome as expected. Oh well. 


We rode down to the place where we played the zorb, it's simply a big ball and it tumbles down a slope. We climbed sky high stairs to the place where we're supposed to go into the zorb again with my slippers. I swear it takes like 5 minutes to get up and less than 30 seconds to get down. It was filled with water inside so we got wet even before it went down the slope. I was so determined not to tumble down but no, it's impossible guys. You'll just tumble around inside the zorb. And because I was in it with my sister, I got elbowed in my stomach and I just gave up. LOL. And so we're drenched from the zorb and WE HAD TO RIDE DOWN TO THE SHOP. What is this man.


We took a bus back to our hotel where all the water activities were. The weather was so hot, the ice-cream we ordered melted so quickly. :< So my siblings went to para-sailing, which was only open to two. Next time, I'll get to do para-sailing okay.


After that, we've ended our agreed activities with the guide so we decided to soak ourselves in the water before heading back to the hotel and wash up. Even though the beach was awesome, I didn't see any sea-shells that wasn't chipped. Or maybe it was too hot I decided not to look for them in that weather.


We bathed and my parents & my brother went for a massage while me and my sister went for a facial. My face feels like shit after that so, never go for a facial in Boracay. For dinner, we went to Sand bar, a high class dining on the beach. The food prices were so expensive, I guess it was because for the fire dance performance that they have. They even seal up their place with cloth before the performance. Exclusive much. The food was so oily, and I had diarrhea even before the trip so the food worsen it that I puked that night. And then my brother puked on the third night. So, be prepared for really oily food!


The so called last day of the trip, it was drizzling. We had a private boat to ourselves, where it will take us for some island hopping. Which was nothing much, because the only island we went was for the cliff jumping lmao. 


So the boat first took us to a place for snorkeling, where other tourists where too, in-front of some island. The corals were so near, I kept kicking them and it hurts. TT The view wasn't amazing if you had been to Maldives for snorkeling. The best part was, we had to pay 20 pesos per person to snorkel there. It was cheap but it was the first time I hear that we have to pay to snorkel in the open waters lmao.



It wasn't much of a view so we went to the island for cliff jumping. It was called Magic Island, owned by some of the locals I guessed. They build some gazebos for us to sit and the jumping/diving platforms. There was a 5m, 7m , 9m and a 10m platform. You again have to pay for entrance fee, which will be calculated with the meal. So in our package, it was agreed that the guide will buy food and he will cook for us on the island. The guide didn't went with us, but his son and the boat owner did, so they cooked. While they cook, we went to the 5m jump first. The other tourists were so funny, especially the china tourists there. Because there was another Singaporean girl that didn't dare to jump the 5m due to her fear of waters and they were like "I jump you jump/ you jump I jump" lmao. Because we're on the cliffs, it was sooooooo cold and the waves were clashing so hard into the cliffs omg. 



There was crabs, prawns, chicken, fish and pork prepared for us. The crab was delicious but the shell was so hard and poke-y it cut my fingers. Meh.  After we ate, I decided to go for the 10m jump straight. Why not just go for the highest and jump once, rather than jumping so many times lmao. My brother cannot be more chicken than this man, asking me to go first. It was so scary ahahhahahah, ya'll will know it when you're on the platform. "You might never get to do this ever" was on my mind and it prompted me to jump. 





After that, we went to another place to snorkel, which was pretty much some distance from our hotel LMAO. I was half expecting for them to ask us to pay HAHAHA. The view wasn't that amazing too, don't bother snorkeling at Boracay. The whole package was 20 000, for two days, the 5 of us. My mom said the guide counted wrongly but oh well, his fault. But I think my mom gave him another 3000. Just go for a package there, the activities cost a lot individually, para-sailing was 2000 per person. 



That was pretty much for my trip at Boracay, other than me having diarrhea and puking, and the traveling on land to the island, it was pretty awesome. I hate to travel on land overseas, because I know how much time it can waste. So I prefer not to have any land traveling in my trips.



Till the next trip, which is this Sunday, xoxo.
With loves;
Joey

Labels: , , , , ,