About Posts Wishlist Escapes Videos Instagram traveldiary



당신의 부드러운 미소;

안녕하세요~


JOEY NG XIANGTING

1995선
Polkadots and Floral prints are th' love.
//ELF//dancer//dreamer//kpress//travel//
paperboo@hotmail.com

Kpress Singapore
Instagram: @yourgentlesmile
Youtube: @yourgentlesmile




Best viewed in Mozilla and Google Chrome



140317-21 Maldives Club Med Island


Maldives; Club Med Island

Maldives, known as THE travel spot to go. Its on everyone's to-be-there destination list and my dream destination. So ever since there is this direct flight from Tigerair (Budget Airlines) last year, I've been bugging my mom to get the flight tickets. As in, since the direct flight service just started, the company will of course have some promotions tied with it to make sales moving. Soooooo, my mom bought it through the travel fair. (POP SOME POPCORN)

Pre-trip

Since we only bought the air tickets, we've to settle on our lodging at the destination. Its either island bound resorts or hotels because my mom will NEVER consider guesthouses.
And even resorts we've to decide to choose between and all inclusive resort or breakfast only resort.
Well I recommended my mom to get an all inclusive resort since ALL meals will be included, we will not need to worry about where to eat what to eat whatever not.
And all inclusive resorts are really down to let you relax, there is not need for us to plan our activities meals etc. (oh look what club and resort taught me)
Besides, if it is a breakfast only resort, where to find other meals except their own restaurants and local restaurants.

Nevertheless to say, restaurants on an island will cost you a lot and to travel back to Male will take you money; speed boat back and time; transportation between islands.
By the time you've found a restaurant that you like, settle down, order you'll be famished.
And I totally can NOT do that so I suggested Club Med.
I'll not go on with the perks of joining Club Med but you'll get it.
So even when I say that Club Med is an all inclusive resort, my mom stuffed like 10 cup noodles/ cup porridge into my luggage. I was like seriously, its ALL INCLUSIVE for a reason. After like 3 hours of repeating the same thing, they took out everything. (smiles)

Heading there

Took Tiger Air, it was a direct flight of 4.5hrs. It was a 9+ flight, so that means that I've to be there at 7, awake at 6. 
I always feel like killing myself whenever my flights are in the morning. I rather it to be a midnight flight so that I do not even need to sleep. Ew. 
It was national breakfast day then, went to Mac for Breakfast Deluxe hehehe. I just not get if Macs can have a free mc-muffin day, why not give all of them to homes, the less fortunate. oh well. 
We got to the gate on the last boarding call but you know you can chill about these things in Singapore. Male's 3 hours behind Singapore time, so we reached at around 11+. (The flight got delayed for a bit before flying off) Before landing you can spot the beautiful islands and the sea and the ocean from the plane and the view is so so so awesome.

View from the plane
When stopped, we've to walk down the temp stairs into the customs area. And you can totally feel the heat. The heat there is on another level as compared to Singapore's. There is wa really hooooooooooooot. 

Once in the customs, please join the shortest line. Its shortest for a reason because the officer works fast. If you think that every line is the same, join the one nearest to the entrance you entered. 
I joined the shortest line with my sister and my parents with my brother joined another. 
And my line obviously moved faster. When I was close to the counter my parents have not even moved a meter. My brother joined us after seeing how fast my line moved. See I'm always right. /claps

Collected our luggage and waited for my parents in the burden Q before heading to exchange some currencies. I have no idea why did they do that but I just let them be. 
I wasn't expecting anyone holding the 'Club Med' sign seen I've read reviews and blogs that they do not usually do that, but there was one. 
We followed that guy and proceeded to the Club Med counter to settle some administrative stuff. 
Well mostly my parents but the view when you come out of the airport was breathtaking. You need to be there to experience this seriously. 
We're like just taking photos until the speed boat came. The time needed to get to the Club Med island was around 20mins if I did not remember wrongly.


Outside Male's Airport

Ze Speedboat


I was expecting some dolphins to pop out along the way but I guess we weren't that lucky. Hump there goes my chance. It was really bumpy as the waves are quite huge but its quite comfortable to sleep. hehe 

Club Med Maldives

There's only one bridge connecting the port to the resort. So everyone have to walk down the bridge if you arriving/leaving the resort for activities as well. 


Once you've arrived you'll be given a welcome drink and a GO (Guest Officer) will introduce them (him, staffs that walk by, etc) and the island. 
And the GO will also lead you to your room. Initially I thought the GO we first met will follow us throughout the trip but he didn't, so I guess it depends. 

Food & Drinks

We had our first meal at the main restaurant, lunch buffet. It has hmmm quite a variety of food but there's a lot of salads and cheese and what not. 
Which was not to my liking. I'm very very picky with my food so the variety of food don't really appeal to me. 
Salad salad more salad




The best food I had was the Hotpot option but it was only available for one meal in my whole trip. And whats worse was the other restaurant, the Kandu (I guess), was down for renovation so basically we only have the main restaurant for ALL our meals.
I won't say their food taste amazing, or really good, just selected food choices. 
And the menus are quite standard. 
Every lunch and dinner there will be pastas and pizzas, pizzas will be the same for every lunch and dinner every day and the pasta they will just either change the base or the pasta choice. 
I didn't try the pizza because I just had Pizza the day I left for Maldives but I guess its acceptable.


And every lunch there will be FRENCH FRIES, dinner will be POTATO WEDGES wooopwoop. I love potatoes. /grins The best will be their availability of sauces. 
There are a lot of sauces, tomato, chili, mayonnaise, tatar, etc and I'll have like four sauces every lunch and dinner. hehe 

Nothing much to say about the food there because its not amazing. Nothing much to comment, but if you're tired and do not feel like touching the water, just eat. 
There's Breakfast, Late Breakfast, Lunch, Late Lunch and Dinner. 
In between there are also snack times. 
The time gap between the Late Lunch and dinner is too much. 
So if you miss the late lunch (Male time: 4PM SG time: 7PM), you'll have to starve till dinner is served (Male time: 6PM SG time: 9PM). 



Chocolate <3



Drinks are free flow, there are bars available, two. One beach bar and a theater bar. 
You can just order and order and order till you're drunk but I don't drink so yeahh. 
But I love their mock-tails, especially the Happy Holidays and Blue Lagoon, dope. 

Rooms 

My mom booked some superior room or something and it is located AT THE END OF THE ISLAND. OMG. It was such a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong walk. 
Even though the island isnt really big, you'll dread walking in that heat omg. 
And it also means that we will need to travel a lot if we are done with our meals and activities which were all located at the heart of the island. 

Walk


Walk`

Still walking`

Superior room bathroom




Connecting door
Life vest for? 

So everyone was complaining about it and my mom decided to get an upgrade. wooooppppp 
Actually the room is a little not up to what I've expected of Club Med but they said they just renovated it. 
Oh wow. 
The room has a 'private' beach because it is located at the end of the island and no one really goes there unless their rooms are there too.

We proceeded to upgrade our rooms with the intention of upgrading to the lagoon suites. 
Lagoon suites are those individual suites situated above the water and are those on the Club Med advertisements you see everywhere.




Yes this 

 But there wasnt any vacancy so Beach Villa instead. 
And omg finally a 'Club Med' standard room. 
The shower's see through so if one were to bathe you'll have to isolate yourself. I can't really describe the room with words so please just see it through photos. Thank you.

Entrance to the bathroom






It was raining




Activities




Whats Maldives without water activities?
Complimentary activities are snorkeling, snorkeling lesson,  kayaking, kayaking lesson, sailing, sailing lessons etc. I did snorkeling and kayaking. Snorkeled twice, kayak-ed almost everyday.

So for snorkeling, you'll have to do this swimming test before you set off.
And you'll be fetched to some part of the ocean to snorkel.
For the first trip, we went to rainbow reef? or rainbow reef was the second trip?
Oh well, anyways the waves there were huge.
Even on the boat you'll feel like puking because its really strong. And so they say "please put on your equipment before entering the water'.
I was a little scared since it was my first time snorkeling in open waters and the waves are so strong.
But I just jumped in and MY SNORKEL GOGGLES CAME OFF.
What is this.
They said it wouldn't and you should have them on before entering what is this.
I entered the water and the super salty water went into my mouth OMG.
I trusted them.........
So the waves were strong, I tried my best to swim but I couldn't travel much.
All I wanted to do was to float in the water (like I always do) and see the fishes swim below me. But apparently I was supposed to swim with the rest of the group. Oh well.

Tried my best to 'swim' but I can't really travel so I gave up and I floated. My dad kept pulling me to follow the group so I just let him pulled me along with him. /grins
And they cheated my feelings again.
THERE WASN'T ANY FISHES.
Okay maybe one or two, some turtles, corals, but where are my colorful fishes. The part where we snorkeled was quite deep, and I wonder again even now why did we went there.
And they said there will be a staff in front of the group, one in the middle and one at the end. I was the last few to jump off, so I was at the back and there aren't any staff at the back.
What is this.
What will happen if I float and the waves washed me off the track?
Huh huh huh?
Oh well, anyways I classified my first open water snorkeling a bad experience.

And so when my mom said to go snorkeling the nest day I was like NO.

So I went to Kayak the next day instead. But seriously you cannot possibly kayak the whole day you'll be brunt. Thus, I went to ..... sing Karaoke. And I'm thankful for the Karaoke room.
Because
1: Its air-conditioned
2: Its next to the main restaurant so you can bring in drinks
3: Wi-fi is accessible in the room.
In the island, there is only two places that you can use the wi-fi; The reception and the Beach bar. And the newly found Karaoke room. (wheeee)
The song choices are limited, oh well what do you expect from a karaoke system on an island.

And I went for another snorkel session. Hey there is really not much to do on an island. And I can't possibility be eating eating and eating right.
I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE~
Because this time, they brought us to this amazing coral reef area where there were ALOT of fishes /cheers
There wasn't any waves (what are waves) and it was relatively shallow, you can just stand on the corals, but don't because you'll kill them and they'll need another 100 years to revive.
Amazing view with amazing fishes with amazing color combinations.
If you;re heading to Maldives, please go to these kind of reefs to snorkel.
You'll love it.
And for this area, I just did what I dreamt of doing in Maldives.
Floating on the water and watching the fishes swim below me. (bucket list down)

Actually you can see fishes even a baby shark on the bridge



There's also night shows put up by the staffs. Don't bother going. I went for one on the last night and I regretted. I totally wasted 2 hours of my night watching people lip-syncing. I cam see the hard work put in but.... I regretted and I rather sleep.

Conclusion 

  • Maldives is a MUST GO guys, Since there's a cheap direct flight to Maldives, consider no more please. You need to see this beautiful place while you can. One of the officers told me Maldives' not really sinking but oh well, who can predict the future. 
  • Be prepared to get brunt, the weather is super extreme. 
  • The time difference is not a lot but you've to get used to it and adjust your meal timings. 
  • There are A lot of mosquitoes there, please bring insect repellent. 
  • Stay in an all inclusive resort if you're looking to stay in resorts in Maldives. If you really like those suites that you see in advertisements/ on booklets/ brochures, be prepared to spend a lot just on suites. 
  • Its almost impossible to stay dry while you're on that island. The water's too beautiful to resist.
  • Bring formal dresses whatnot, have a photo-shoot there. I didn't and I regretted.  

Maldives; I'll be back. 






Labels: , , , , ,